Content

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Love me some Dermalogica by Charlene of Pretty Please Charlie ...

At our most recent #BloggersWhoBless event, we were spoiled with a couple of Dermalogica travel size products. I was quite chuffed… well, because it’s Dermalogica. No need to explain anything here. What did surprise me was the fact that some of these impressed me just as much as Dermalogica’s PreCleanse did. I didn’t think that was possible.

IMG_00001840
Special Cleansing Gel
This is a lovely soap-free foaming cleanser that leaves my skin clean, but not feeling tight or stripped. It really is very gentle. What impressed me most was the fact that I only need the tiniest drop of cleanser. When I say tiny, I really mean tiny. I keep on using too much. The cleanser is expensive at R480 for 250ml, but you can get a 500ml bottle for R700 which really is great value for money.

Multivitamin Power Firm
This little powerhouse aims to combat lines around the eye area with ingredients like Retinol, vitamins C and E, as well as silicones to shield vulnerable skin. It has a balmy feel to it and feels lovely to apply. It also works as a lovely base for smooth and even under eye concealer application. R740 for 15ml.

Daily Microfoliant
I wasn’t too excited when I saw this one. I tried a sample years ago and I wasn’t impressed. Either Dermalogica changed it or (most likely) I was just to dof to understand the product back then (being used to exfoliants/scrubs that were grainy and hard). This is what it is: ‘Unique rice-based powder formula activates upon contact with water, releasing Papain, Salicylic Acid and Rice Enzymes that micro-exfoliate dead cells, instantly leaving skin smoother and brighter.’ When I tried it years ago, I expected a scrub. Now I know better. This product is absolutely lovely and I rate it up there with the PreCleanse. My skin is left looking radiant and feeling soft and smooth, without any irritation. I highly recommend this product, especially if you have sensitive skin and most other forms of exfoliation tend to aggravate your skin. R850 for 75g.

Skin Smoothing Cream
If you have combination or dry skin that is sensitive, then this cream is a must. Especially during winter. It immediately calms and soothes my skin, whilst leaving it perfectly moisturised and soft. I have loved it for years, and I will for many years to come. This is one of my mom’s favourites too. R630 for 50ml / R880 for 100ml. Again, this is a pricey product, but it is really worth the price tag and a little goes a long way with this one too.

xoxo
and xoxo for you too Dermalogica

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We value your input and any queries you may have and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you.
x Heather

Blog Archive

All items on this site remain the property of the Authors - #BWB. Powered by Blogger.