Content

Monday 17 February 2014

Featured - Hipstyler, Pretty & Ginger on ... Blogging Do's and Don'ts what Ive learnt




Image Source

A while ago I was asked for some blogging tips and I sent an email back to the inquirer – an aspiring blogger – bullet-pointing the do’s and don’ts of blogging. In the spirit of Bloggers Who Bless, I thought I’d start blessing my fellow bloggers with some tips that I’ve picked up on my 10 month journey called “bloggerhood”. 

The Do’s
The Don’ts
Join Twitter! It’s such a great marketing tool. It also helps you to connect with likeminded people.
Don’t blog for fame and fortune – many blogs start for this reason, but fail abysmally. 
Support your fellow bloggers – comment on their posts. People love comments – knowing that other people read your blog is the best feeling.
Don’t blog to hurt. If you don’t like a product you’ve tried, don’t blast it with horrible criticism. Rather state the facts and your feelings (sensored of course) and let the reader decide for themselves.
Blog about things that you feel passionate about……. But…….                                               à
Don’t limit yourself to one subject. We’re not one dimensional beings so treat your blog the same.
Refer to other blog posts in your posts. Remember that what you sow, you shall reap. So always be kind.
Don’t ignore the importance of GRAMMAR!
Always re-read your posts and make sure that you’ve added your “and’s”, “but’s” and “if’s”.
Don’t forget to credit photos that you’re using from other blogs.
Give stuff for free. Are you a graphic designer? Design some cutesie gift tag templates and put it on your blog to be downloaded for free. Good at something? Do a tutorial on it.
Don’t forget to use those nifty widgets. They are almost like accessories and they tell a lot about the blogger.
Try to be as positive as possible when writing. My manager at work always smiles when she’s typing out emails. I asked her why, and she said, “If you smile, your words are soft”. She’s one of the best people I know and I always try to follow her advice. Trust me…. This works.
Don’t become one of those “what can I get out of this” bloggers. You’re blogging for the love of it, remember! If you MUST ask, “what can I get out of this”, know that if you’re an honest, helpful and friendly person, you’ll get loads of friends!

Most bloggers have niches. Some don’t like to be boxed. There is no right or wrong here. Your blog is your blog. The point is…. ALWAYS be true to yourself.

3 comments:

Sarah Huddy says:
at: 17 February 2014 at 04:28 said...

Really like the smile when you are writing tip - will try that. Thanks for sharing your advice. I agree that what you put in you get out. If you put in positive energy you get that back - people respond to it and can see when you are honest and when you are fake. Whenever I have tried something which I think I should be doing on my blog based on advice or what others are doing, it has failed and I've quickly learnt if you are not 100% confident in what you are doing, don't bother.

Unknown says:
at: 17 February 2014 at 22:32 said...

very good points! x

Unknown says:
at: 20 February 2014 at 23:32 said...

Great advice Heather, really enjoyed reading this post!
Be Blessed :-)

Post a Comment

We value your input and any queries you may have and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you.
x Heather

Blog Archive

All items on this site remain the property of the Authors - #BWB. Powered by Blogger.