Content

Tuesday 29 July 2014

The art of Macaron making feat. Charlene of Pretty Please Charlie

macaroons
You know the whole ‘put down your phone and enjoy the moment’ thing? Well that’s me. Which also means that I suck at posting about events because I never take enough pics. I usually walk around and try to chat to everyone, sipping on champers and soaking it all in.
Exhibit A
Exhibit A

And that is exactly what I did at our most recent Bloggers Who Bless event… A Macaron making workshop at the grand 15 On Orange hotel. I was super excited about the workshop and I couldn’t wait to taste a macaroon. Wait, is it Macaroon or Macaron? That’s if you want to get all technical.
source
Ai, the poor klapperkoekie. I still love you long time.

I love this definition of a Macaron: Like a sandwich cookie gone to finishing school, the Macaron is a delicately refined meringue-based confection made of ground almonds, sugar, and egg whites, and filled with ganache, buttercream, caramel, or fruit jam. A mainstay in the French patisserie canon, the ideal Macaron has a smooth, almost glossy exterior, and visible filling. – http://gourmetfood.about.com/

The workshop was extremely informative and we were shown how to make gorgeous meringues, salted caramel and ganache fillings, and of course wonderfully delicate Macarons.
Macaron making is an art. And one that I hope to master. My first try didn’t turn out the way I hoped, but the workshop inspired me to try again.

For a moment there I thought I had piping down, but no. Here is proof that I was there:
Thank you for the pic Sarah!
Thank you for the pic Sarah


This was the result:
They still tasted good though ;)
They still tasted good though ;)
It was a beautiful day spent with beautiful people at a beautiful venue. Thank you to all the amazing Bloggers Who Bless ladies, 15 On Orange and Executive Chef Sanel and Pastry Chef Retha. It was such a fun event, and I learnt a few things too.

And thank you Heather for always organising such fun events! Have a look at Heather’s amazing post on the workshop HERE.

Give 15 On Orange a call on 021 469 8000 if you would like to try it for yourself. Booking for a group of 12 or more go for approx R259 pp.
xoxo
Pretty Please Charlie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We value your input and any queries you may have and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you.
x Heather

Blog Archive

All items on this site remain the property of the Authors - #BWB. Powered by Blogger.