Content

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Rushda from Rubes Closet shares on 'What I learnt from Blogging' ...




This is an interesting subject and really got me thinking. I hadn't thought about it much, until Heather suggested a post for Bloggers Who Bless.
I started blogging to share my thoughts, fashion ramblings and have a concrete outlet for my passion. There aren’t that many people around me who understand, or share my fashion ‘obsession’ for lack of a better word. Hence the birth of http://www.rubescloset.com my formal platform to express my thoughts and share them with like minded people.

As with everything I do, I just jumped right in and started, whether I had the knowledge or not. I was extremely green, having only read blogs; and lacking any IT knowledge- so the layout was my biggest challenge. Regardless, I started tentatively and took it one post at a time. It was such a refreshing break from writing financial proposals!
As time passed I gained some confidence and felt less intimidated by other really awesome blogs, and met various people along the way. Some amazing readers, fellow bloggers and just downright nice guys and gals. There is a ‘dark’ side to the blogging community as well - the subtle nastiness, haughtiness - the list can go on and on. I choose to focus on the positive.


So here’s what I’ve learnt:

The blogging world is filled with different kinds of people and its naive to expect it not to be, real life is peppered with good and bad people.
How you choose to deal with that will determine how you value your blog and your person by extension.

There will always be individuals who want ‘fame and fortune’ and will just want to be ‘seen’ and be fake like that. Sigh. Again, it’s no different to real life.


And just like in real life, there are those people who are in it for more personal reasons, to meet new people, to communicate with others and broaden their world.


It’s important to not compare yourself with other bloggers, each blog has its own special feel and personality- and that’s necessary in a world where everyone wants to be someone else. So celebrate your individuality and your blog because its a reflection of you.

Be true to yourself and remember your reasons for blogging and goals when you started out blogging, it may change as you progress, but that’s good too.

It’s rare to find people who are willing to help just for the sake of helping you. When you do, embrace it.

The readers will come, and there will be critics and fans- it’s all just part of the journey.

And just like the ‘outside’ world there are a bunch of gorgeous people you meet, connect with and forge new friendships. Treasure those.

Bottom line: there will be haters, there will be carers. Most importantly have faith in yourself and confidence in what you do. Your blogging journey is meant to be fun after all.



Above all, enjoy the experiences; life is too short to waste time on the niggly bits.


Ciao for now,

RuBe

1 comments:

Unknown says:
at: 26 February 2014 at 23:37 said...

Awww Rush!!! You really nailed it!!! Good for you!!!

Post a Comment

We value your input and any queries you may have and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you.
x Heather

Blog Archive

All items on this site remain the property of the Authors - #BWB. Powered by Blogger.